It is no longer news that Nigerian Instagram Celebrity, Ray Hushpuppi was arrested by the Dubai Police for Internet fraud amounting to Billions of Dollars by him and himself and his gang in a sting operation tagged “Fox Hunt 2”.
Over time, his extravagant and expensive lifestyle has always been questionable by social media users, after a series of posts where he flaunts wads of cash, luxurious cars, and dresses.
Besides this major crime, there are many crimes that are also not pardonable that he committed.
1. Neglecting his parents: Throughout his fame, there was never a time he was pictured celebrating his parents or did he dropped from another planet? It’s really pathetic that to the world, he proved to be wealthy while he is cruel to his parents.
2. He Never invested in a known business: He is only in the business of buying expensive products for his personal use but was never known to have started a business. His acclaimed business is not real because nothing of such has been mentioned since his arrest.
3. Discouraging hard work: He was a bad influence on the youths. His public display of wealth obviously somehow discourages people who are working hard but are still struggling.
4. He encourages fraudsters: He was a role model for an internet fraudster. These fraudsters always believed that they can get away with their crimes like Hushpuppi and have consciously made cybercrime legit.
5. He tarnished the image of the country: Hushpuppi has a Nigerian origin and this action of his has further ruined the reputation of the country. The bad side of this is remote workers will seriously be affected as some foreign clients may blacklist Nigerian freelancers.
What should be done to Nigerian Internet fraudsters when apprehended? Share your thoughts below.